We all lead such busy lives that it’s easy to forget about the basics which could make such a difference in the event of an emergency.
If you’re a Tweeter, following @what_would will provide you with regular updates to help you stay prepared. You can also join us on Facebook at facebook.com/whatwouldyoudoif and watch our information videos on You-Tube.
Here you'll find emergency advice, details of events and competitions. You can also share your own experience of emergencies whether you were involved in a fire, flood or major traffic incident.
- EA, PHE and DSA Flooding advice
Adobe PDF document, 5 MB
- What would you do if? Twitter account
- What would you do if? Facebook account
- What would you do if? You-Tube account
- Press articles
- Create an emergency car kit
- Prepare your family
- Prepare your community
- Met Office - Get Ready for Winter
- Seasonal advice
- NHS Choices: Flood - cleaning up and food hygiene advice